Monday, June 10, 2013

May's UFO finish and first finish for June

Very late to post this ....... I have had the rows for this wall hanging since the end of 2006, it was a row X row round robin organised at the Craft Forum.  I wasn't sure how to fit the rows together so it sat for many years until a friend helped me decide what rows would work for the space I had, there are another 3 rows that would just have made this too large for a wall hanging.  I sewed it together in 2011 and then it sat until I found time to quilt, bind and finish it.  which as you can see I have now done. It hangs proudly in our bedroom.  One of the other rows is being made into a table runner the other two possibly cushions, haven't decided yet.

 My first UFO finish for June is a Janelle Wind Frilly Dilly bag without the frills.  I love the shape of the bag but didn't want the frills so I decided to raw edge applique a flower on the front.  This has been waiting to be finished for over 2 years.  So pleased to have the Friday night sewing with friends group to encourage me to get some sewing done.


chidimma said...

Nice pictures!

debbie said...

love the row by row quilt. I've made so many quilts in this lifetime, but have yet to do a row by row...soon, I hope! xx debbie

Nanna Chel said...

miss~nance, I just discovered your blog. I will have to have a good look when I have time. It looks great!