Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Want a Worry Free Life - read on

A Worry-Free Life http://www.maxlucado.com/

“Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need.” Philippians 4:6

Look around you. You have reason to worry. The sun blasts cancer-causing rays. Air vents blow lung-clotting molds. Potato chips have too many carbs. Vegetables, too many toxins. And do they have to call an airport a terminal?... Some of us have postgraduate degrees from the University of Anxiety. We go to sleep worried that we won’t wake up; we wake up worried that we didn’t sleep. We worry that someone will discover that lettuce was fattening all along. The mother of one teenager bemoaned, “My daughter doesn’t tell me anything. I’m a nervous a wreck.” Another mother replied, “My daughter tells me everything. I’m a nervous wreck.” Wouldn’t you love to stop worrying? Could you use a strong shelter from life’s harsh elements?God offers you just that: the possibility of a worry-free life. Not just less worry, but no worry.

2 comments:

barb's creations said...

Gail,
I've left a little something for you on my blog so pop over and have a look.Barb

Karen L said...

Hey Gail, just thought I would let you know that if you visited my blog you will see that you have been tagged.