Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Scrap retreat



On Friday Haylee & I joined Kylie for our trip to Penrith for the inaugural Dragonfly Scrapbooks retreat at Castlereagh Academy, which is on the site of the first Westleyan Church in Australia. Right behind the academy is the Lake that that was used for the Olympic rowing events. In fact the cabins we stayed in were the Olympic Village cabins.




We had a wonderful time over the weekend, meeting new people, eating good food, and just plain having fun.


My BIG task for the weekend was to run an OTP class. A few ladies had wanted to make the Kaiser Advent Calender so that's what we did. Over two 2 hour sessions each of the 7 wonderful ladies completed the putting together & painting of the box and also the covering of the 24 little boxes.



After the class most of the ladies continued to embellish their calenders. I am extremely proud of what all my ladies went home with and I know each one of them were very proud too.






I didn't expect to get to much scrapping done over the weekend as most of my time & energy was put into the class, so I took bits to make up a heap of cards, I did manage to complete one LO also but have not taken a photo of that so will show you when it is done. We were given a challenge kit, we could make anything we wanted with the PP, piece of card stock, ribbon, 4 flowers and 2 brads. We were allowed to add three elements. I made this little box from a piece of chipboard, some ink and dimensional magic.
Haylee & I also took Kristy's simple card class using a Kaiser 6X6' pack. There was a lot of cutting involved as we cut enough pieces out to make 24 cards but only made 6 cards during the class. The purple cards are the three I actually completed as I wanted to add something to the other 3 cards.
It was a fabulous weekend and I WILL be back next year. Maybe you would like to join us. It was a very reasonable price and possibly the most relaxed retreat I have been to. The food was good and I believe it will be even better next year.

No comments: