Monday, October 11, 2010

Blogtoberfest day 11 - Saturday in Berry

On Saturday I went to Berry with my wonderful friend Andrea while Haylee took Andrea's girls to Gerringong for the afternoon. we couldn't believe how quickly the afternoon went. We had lunch at Jetz and then headed to the best candle shop ever, Candleberries.


We always start with a really good look around, smell lots of candles and then go off and do the rest of our shopping and come back to purchase once we have thougth about all the lovely smells.

We quickly popped into Quest - a gorgeous kitchen ware store but they didn't have a microplane but they should arrive this week. I have been wanting one for so long but thought they were just too expensive BUT several companies have put out one that is affordable (scanpan being one).
Then we wondered over to Sew & Tell where I picked up this gorgeous sewing fabric that will make some very lovely sewing companions.


We visited the new tea shop - oh my there were some beautiful teapot and cups in there.
Another shop I just love to visit is Haven & Space a home wares store. I picked up a gift for a friend (another days post) and this very cute little tray.




When we left haven & Space the girls had just arrived back from Gerringong but went their own way for a little bit while we went back tot he candle shop and who do you think we found in there - yep the 3 girls.
I bought myself a few different candle this time. A snickerdoole melt, green tea & rose tea lights, coffee candles and a lime candle.


Here are all my purchases.



Andrea bought this pack of charms to make a table runner. She would really like to learn to quilt but I think she needs to start small.



Andrea also bought me this trio candle on behalf of her dog Remy as a TY for looking after him last week.



3 comments:

Linda said...

What a perfect day!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Gail...what a great day...I love Berry...there was a Patchwork Exhibition here last weekend and Elizabeth from the show there was here!!! Great post...Dzintra♥x

RobynLouise said...

Sounds like a great day :). My SIL and I have Scanpan frypans and they are great to cook with.