Thursday, May 21, 2009

SWS retreat

Last weekend was the Scrapping with Soul retreat at Waterslea on the Shoalhaven River.
This is the best scrapping retreat, the girls are so wonderful and make you feel very very special. There were 62 guests and the team and of course we have Rose-Anne form Cropworks come with her amazing shop that I spent way too much money at (but I do have a very large tin of flowers of every colour). Rosie gave an inspiring and challenging talk on "our hidden stories", she used the story of the Samaritan woman and the prostitute who wash Jesus feet with her tears and wiped them dry with her hair, he knew into the hearts of these women. Rosie encouraged each of us to take our hidden stories to Jesus not matter how bad they are, nothing will shock him, he already knows them.

I managed to finish 4 Lo's and one very large OTP.



This first LO was done b4 the retreat as a "Woman of Faith " display as I was teaching a class at the retreat.
My first project that took me all of Friday night and most of Saturday was a set of altered building blocks. These were so fiddly as they were only
1 1/4" high. I have left some plain as I felt it would have been TOO busy and too much to look at if each block had word or pics on them.




I also started my wedding album. We have Johns mum's album of our wedding photos now so I thought I would scrap them. This may take me a while - i do not do that many LO's.
This is the title Page - I didn't think it needed any embellishments as I wanted the photo to do the talking.




This LO is of my sister and niece. We got married on their combined birthdays.


I also made a start on my Psalms album.

I have had this Lo planned for a long time but only just managed to get it done on the weekend.
The first photo was taken by Caleb Graham and is the sunrise over the Shoalhaven river. The sunset was taken by Haylee and is at Greenwell Point over the Crookhaven River.
I have used Ps 113.3 From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the Lords name is to be praised.



How cute is this pic of the puppy under the wings of the mumma chicken. When Gayle(from SOF) led me to this photo on the web I knew I had to use it for my LO of Ps 91:4 "He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge. His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."




2 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

Wow....they all look fabulous and sounds like you had a wonderful time :)

Gayle said...

you have been busy. Love the building block idea! The chook photo did work out so well with that very hey!