Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Morning Routine

While reading Lusi's blog one day I found a link to Biblical woman hood blog http://biblicalwomanhoodblog.blogspot.com/ which has been very encouraging to me especially the entries on "from exhaustion to rejuvenation". Crystal was hosting a how to make your house a home but has now passed the mantle onto Tammy who has given some wonderful advise and that is to come up with a simple and achievable morning routine.

here is part of what she has said in her introductory entry "So, the "Making Your Home a Haven" challenge isn't all about cleaning, working, or to-do lists. It's about having a spirit-filled heart and loving our families enough that we strive to make ourselves and our homes a welcoming, joyful, and peaceful haven to them! "

I have decided to join this challenge as it can only help me to get into a habit of getting the things done I really want to. Here is my morning routine list:-

* Quiet time & breakfast
* Read emails and forums
* Tidy up Kitchen - rinse and put away any dishes on sink & sweep floor
* Wipe vanity & mirrors on alternative bathroom & toilets (again alternatively as we have 4)
* 10 minute general tidy up

Read all about this challenge at http://www.tammysrecipes.com/node/3272 and her introduction here http://www.tammysrecipes.com/node/3268

My main reason for posting this on my blog is to now be accountable for putting this routine into practise.

4 comments:

Carolina said...

Love this idea Gail, i shoudl write a routine and put it somewhere to so i can actually stick to it and start some good habits!

Melanie H said...

It sounds like a wonderful challenge Gail, I should make something like that for us too.

A good start to the day makes for a happy person. Let us know how it goes.

miss~nance said...

Day one routine was completed at 12.40pm due to getting up at 8am instead of 6.30 and I also had to scrub the kitchen floor & wash the rest while John was out of the house. I am hoping on future days to be finished by 10am.

The ten minute tidy up has barely made a dent but if I do it everyday I will get there eventually. Royces bathroom was the chosen bathroom and toilet. And kitchen looks great especially the sparkling clean floor. Even the stove looks clean for a change.

I am very happy now can do the things I would like to do such as plan/pack for SWS scrap day on Saturday and sew the borders on the caring heart quilt for fire victims. Might even do one of the SOF blog challenges.

Gail

miss~nance said...

Day 2 was completed by 9.45 - but son had bought over some friends for breaky so the kitchen was a wee bit later. Day 3 in progress.
Just have to do the cleaning and I am done.