Wednesday, March 18, 2009


Lusi's prompt for this week is kindness..SO here goes:-
REALLY - I have been in such a bad head space lately that when I first read this prompt that I immediately thought of no kind acts.
REALLY - one of the kindest acts that I can remember is when two very precious ladies from Church turned up with almost a months worth of groceries as they knew we were going through a rough financial patch.
REALLY - The kindest, sweetest, loving lady I ever knew was joy - so aptly named and she was a real joy to be around- was so special to me and many other people. She always made you feel special. Would often send me home after dropping her off with a bag of lemons or pumpkin already peeled & cut up just waiting to be made into soup. She had a heart of gold and loved her LORD more that anything. She went to be with her Lord last year & I really miss her so much.
REALLY - my mum was a very kind person and taught me by her actions that it doesn't take much to show kindness to others.
REALLY - I want my children to grow into caring & kind adults. Haylee is one of the sweetest and kindest young ladies I know. Royce is still a work in progress.
REALLY - God has blessed me with two wonderful Bible study leaders (Brenda & Esther) who show kindness in everything they do. A great example of Christ's love in action.
REALLY - A kind word or action is not at all hard to do.................... A touch on the arm, a phone call even a smile.
REALLY - The prayers of wonderful friends including my SOF buddies have been such a blessing to me.
REALLY - I have a extremely kind friend who knows just what to say and how to say it. And I know she is always praying for me - there is no greater way of showing kindness than to pray for someone.

3 comments:

Karen L said...

I'm pleased Gail that you are taking part in Lusi's challenge also. Love reading about some of the kindness that you have experienced.

lusi said...

Thanks for sharing about those many kindness people have showed you Gail. It is hard to remember them sometimes in the midst of struggles but I think it is a blessing to be able to still think on such things.
Love to you :)
Lus x

Melanie H said...

You have done a wonderful job teaching Haylee to be a kind hearted young lady, she has always been so polite and kind at SWS.