Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blogtoberfest day 23 - lots of yummy fabric.

Earlier this week I received in the mail two big bags of fabric. A craft forum friend, Jane, was selling off some of her fabric stash so I went a little mad and bought up BIG.

This first fabric has been purchased specifically to make a present for a certain person (can't say too much as I think she may pop in here on occasions to see what I am up to), Will be starting on this project next month so keep an eye out I might do a few teasers.






I was very excited when I saw that Jane had some Fig & Plum fabric. I started a quilt at my quilters retreat in August with this fabric & didn't have enough to fit the bed. So after i have finished sewing for the fundraiser I am going to finish the quilt with THIS fabric. This will go in the spare bedroom.







This fabric is really not my colourings but I think its good sometimes to step outside of your comfort zone. Not sure what this will become yet. But it looks so pretty sitting with my stash.










I bought this set purely because I LOVE ric rac and that's what the large piece is - ric rac fabric - how cool. Again no plans for this one but I did find a really nice pattern on the Moda Bake shop for Charming stars quilt - it uses 3 charm packs but I could always just make it a little smaller.









How scrumptius is this fabric and it came with 10 (yes 10) matching FQ's.













Now this one is likely to be used in a swap but again not going to say too much in case my partner pops in here, but the gift uses 2 Fq's and a charm pack.

Although I think the fabric above may be more her colours I don't want to cut up the layer cake to make it.
Well I think I just may have to go off and play with my fabric again. I am thinking of putting it in a display basket until I get around to cutting it up.

9 comments:

Linda said...

What a delicious array of fabrics!!

RobynLouise said...

Lol, I was sdmiring the 'cotton blossoms' but I'd already purchased other fabric so decided against it. Would love to see what you make with it, eventually :).

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

just noticed you're the winner over at http://emecountrycreations.blogspot.com/
CONGRATS!!

Karen's Korner said...

What a gorgeous bundle of fabric. Enjoy using them

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Absolutely delicious fabrics, Gail. I love the Shangri-La range. :-)

Terri's Place said...

A lovely array for you to play with, Gail. Have fun :D

Lucky-1 said...

Gail your a woman after my own heart....lol

Love all the fabrics. Have fun with them:D

Christy Franklin said...

That ric rac fabric is DIVINE!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

i would definitely have that on display for inspiration and enjoyment! it's gorgeous!
loving the one that came with the 10 FQs! crazy good deal :)
glad for you !