Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blogtoberfest day 21 - The Rose of Sharon Quilters


Each Wednesday night during school term for the last 12 years I have been going to Brenda's place (in white shirt in centre of photo) for my Bible study quilting group called the Rose of Sharon Quilters.
Brenda & Esther (in denim vest) have over the years taught us so much, lots of quiting techniques but mostly lots about God's love, Jesus sacrifice, how to live for God & share is word with other. They have done this in many ways the way that stands out the most is how they love each one of us and support us through whatever is happening in our lives with words of wisdom, comfort or encouragement, prayer and very often practical help (like meals, a cuppa, hugs and even groceries). I sooooo love these two women and am very very blessed to have them in my life. I have also loved getting to know all the ladies who have come over the years and simply love the group we have now, feel so comfortable with them that I can share with confidence that they will be praying for me and encouraging me to continue to live my life in a Godly way (which I don't always get right).
We have been through a lot as a group and in our separate lives and just knowing that we are all there willing to pray and support each other is such a blessing and encouragement.
We also have a lot of fun, laugh a lot and eats really nice suppers. And we just love having our photo taken.
Last night we started our new study - A John Stott study on Jesus. our last study was a book study, Calm my Anxious heart and i will share about that in another post as I need to take photos for it.

1 comment:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

what a great group to have lasted together that long!
every blessing..
john stott has daily bible studies on line to which you can subscribe if that's of any interest :)