Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Shop Displays



I have done a few fun windows at work recently so I thought I would share them with my friends (that's you!!!!!!!). If you have been following or reading my blog for a while you will know that I do most of the window at shop displays at work, but this Gruffalo display was done on one of my days off. I shared it with you because I have been very involved with the reason for this display and that is The Gruffalo Live is coming to Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre (SEC)tomorrow. We have been working alongside the SEC to help promote it. We had 4 tix to giveaway - anyone who purchased a Gruffalo product went in the draw. The lady who won the tix has a disabled young adult son so he and a few of his friends will get to see it - I am very excited that she won. Also yesterday I helped judge the Gruffalo colouring comp that we had sponsored. We have some very talented up and coming artist in our area.



The following windows I am responsible for - please forgive me for the shocking photos we have the most reflective window and no matter how hard I try I cant take a pic without seeing all that is going on in the street.


This window as you can probably tell is a children's window - we had a great cut out for Mem Fox's new book "A Giraffe in the Bath" and some great new kids books that we decided it would make a great window.


The toys in the window are usually scattered around our children's section.







This little bean bag that the cow is sitting on is simply a bag of packaging beans wrapped in a piece of children's fabric. I was very surprised when I was told that customers have come in the shop to look at the bean bags we are selling. In fact as I was pulling this window apart I had a customer very upset that all the big cushions from the window had sold.






This is our current window - went up on Monday - a cooking window. I picked up this fabric from Spotty for $8m, its not that easy to see but it has cooking utensils and pots & pans on it. Looks really cool.















Our Local Mitre 10 loaned us the cookware for the window.


















A close up to help you see the fabric better - click on image for a larger view


9 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great job on the windows Gail...I'll up there one of these days...Dzintra♥x

Katie said...

Those displays look fantastic Gail! What a fun job!

Bev C said...

Great window desplay Gail. I think you should make some bean bags to sell. Glad the ticket winner was someone who really deserves it.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Cass said...

Oh, I *love* the Gruffalo! Such a great story!

Jen said...

Beautiful windows Gail - you are sooooo lucky working in a bookstore, I just love them, I could get lost in one for days! Hope you are well!
Jen xo

Melanie H said...

You have THE best job working in the book shop Gail. lol

Love these windows, I always stop and have a look at the windows.

RobynLouise said...

Gail, what terrific window displays :). Lol, I can see some nice aprons out of the Spottie fabric when the display is over :P!.

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on your lovely window displays...very eye catching

Jude said...

The windows look great, well done and perhaps you will have to start a new venture selling childs beanbags. Check yor camera and see if it has a programme for taking photoes through glass, I found out mine did after I was checking through the menu.