Monday, August 23, 2010

Quilters retreat

Friday 14 August my quilting Bible study group - The Rose of Sharon Quilters - went to Upper Kangaroo Valley for a weekend retreat. We stayed at Clifton Cottage, a lovely home owned by Anglican youthworks and available to rent out.

We had a wonderful time. Clifton Cottage is nestled among rolling hills and has the most beautiful outlook. Here's Dianne taking in the scenery.



The following photos are views from my bed room.




























We had such a relaxed time that I could just sit and contemplate my slippers if I wanted to..........



A small taste of the lovely morning teas we had. we ate very well indeed over the weekend.













A very fuzzy photo of Brenda & Esther our Bible study leaders, laughing as usual.















Ali, Cathy and Beryl organising our baked dinner on Saturday night.














When we were discussing a dessert Ali jokingly said said she could make jelly, Beryl said she would love jelly so Ali bought a pack of green jelly and we made a big bowl up just for Beryl to have with her white chocolate cheesecake.
I had a wonderful time and managed to make the centre of a double bed quilt. Just need to make it a little longer and put borders on and then it is ready to quilt. Will show a photo when I have the borders on.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful spot Gail !

Linda said...

Between taking in the scenery and eating that delicious food, it wouldn't have left much time for anything else!!

Jude said...

It looks like you had a good time and got some quilting done as well and what a beautiful spot you chose. I would have been distracted and not done much quilting.

Karen's Korner said...

Sounds like you girls had a great weekend.

barb's creations said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time.The scenery is so beautiful,reminds me of fishing trips with my dad along the murray river in the summer when I was living at home :) barb.