Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kitchen reno's complete

You may remember 2 posts ago I told you about my new stove and the small amount of work that needed to be done in the kitchen. Well that work is done and here is my new stove area.

Where these large doors are is where the wall oven was, how great do the doors look. One of the doors form the old cupboard were taken to a cabinet maker and he matched it exactly, mine are not a shiny of course but once I give them a light sand and a lick of teak oil and they will look just as good.








The tiny area by the stove was cut from one of the old doors & the old bench top. We were going to leave them as just space fillers but we decided to turn them into narrow slide out drawers for sauce bottle and spices.

Royce made these himself and I am very impressed with how well he did. Again he made them from the old cupboards. The only thing we needed to buy was the rolling mechanism.
the front of these was made by cutting one door in half and reversing it.




And a side view.




Had to get a nice close up view. When Peter (an old school Friend who builds and renovates kitchen) turned up to put in the big cupboard he was quite impressed with how Royce worked out how to build these.
I am hoping to do a complete kitchen renovation in a few years time so this was just a stop gap measure to get us through. I am really happy with how it turned out and it didn't cost as much as I thought it would to have done.

4 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

I love those mini-side drawers just the thing for sauces etc.

Lucky-1 said...

Oh Gail!!!!! I love it!!!!

Jen said...

gaaaahhhh! I have stove and 'fancy cupboard' envy ;)!!

Cass said...

Looks great! I love those sauce drawers. Fantastic use of space. :)