Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blogtoberfest day 10

Well here it is very (very) early Saturday morning. I am sitting here wishing I was back in bed but I have to work this morning. What I would really like to do on this, not so warm, morning is to go back to bed with my coffee and finish reading "New Moon". Yes you guessed it I am hooked on a vampire series (this is the second time I have read them). I even bought home both Twilight and New Moon movie companions to look at. How sad is that.

Seriously I thought teenagers were going a bit bonkers over this book. So finally I relented and bought home a damaged copy to have a read, thought I should have some idea what the fuss was all about and WHAM I got sucked right into the story.

Stephanie just has a way with words. These books are so beautifully written that I felt I was there. Felt every look, every touch. In fact I loved Twilight so much that I rang the girl I work with at 7.45 on Saturday (after I finished it late the night b4) to bring me the next one AND the movie to work - now I have to explain here I DO NOT watch movies made from books as I get to upset when they change things - but I took it around to my friends house and the three of us (my daughter also came - who does not do vampires or any fantasy) - we ate chicken noodle soup with sour dough bread and watched Twilight together. I loved it. The things they changed were so minor it really made no difference and I didn't have a problem with the effects as some did. But I wasn't to keen on the meadow seen - it didn't seem right, was not what I pictured in my head.

So that's my ramblings for today. Might pop back later to share some photos with you, if you are good.

4 comments:

barb's creations said...

I also have a few girls at work who are bonkers over the twilight series.Can't understand what all the fuss is about.....It's like they're talking a secret language when they get together :) Barb.

Lucky-1 said...

Hubby has all the Twilight books, so has our daughter. Amy even named her new rat "Bella". We have the movie on DVD too. Me I'm not so much into the vampire theme. Have a great weekend:D

Bev C said...

The good thing about this is it has got people into reading. Not a bad thing at all. Happy reading.

rozhearts said...

Hi Gail, wow I wish I could blog as well as you I can"t seem to come up with as much chatter as this.
Thanks for your quick message on my blog it is nice to read little comments occasionally.
Thought I would let you know that my husband Greg will be coming to Nowra this coming Friday for the start of the Camp Quality Bash.
The bash will be starting from the Nowra Bowling Club on Saturday morning the 17th. Oct. Greg is one of the officials in car OV3.
Maybe you could pop down and say hello.
(((HUGS))) Roz.