Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Making your home a haven


I have been a bit slack with this challenge , although I have been maintaining my morning routine most days. I just have to do the 10 minute clean up and its done for today.
So here's Tammy's post for this week.
Making Your Home a Haven: Mini-Challenges for this week
For this week's Making Your Home a Haven challenge, let's try to tackle several smaller projects. :)
First, I'm going to be doing my
Morning Routine. (That should be a daily thing but with various "holidays" in the last week or so, I've gotten off track... again!)
Then:
1. Set a timer for 15 minutes and work on cleaning or organizing in an area that you dread getting started on. Just 15 minutes! After that you can stop if you want to. :)
2. Do something you've been procrastinating about.
3. Clean up or organize a pile. A pile of dishes, a pile of laundry, a pile of papers... whatever needs your attention most urgently! :)
4. Spend some quality time with your family. Look into their eyes and laugh with them! Do something out of the ordinary for or with at least one of your family members. :)
Soooooooooooo what am I going to do.
!) Well the job I have been dreading & keep putting off is clearing out my craft magazines (that could take days but I am going to make a start), I look through each mag and choose projects I would like to do and add them to a list on my computer - one list for each type eg bags, cushions, blocks etc. AND then throw out (or giveaway) all magazines that have no projects in I would like to do.
2) I have been putting of sorting out the caring hearts that I have received over the last few months (I know very slack of me)
3)I have a few small piles around the house to sort out, including a tray of bits on the scrap room. I will endeavour to get to them all this week.
4) Spending time with my family is harder these day with grown up children who have busy lives and different work hours. BUT last night Royce & I cooked a meal together - without arguing, now that's something we don't normally do (the not arguing bit), i have also just been over to his granny flt and sorted out his clothes for him to put away (I refuse to do that normally). Hubby is off to chop wood this arvo I might go over and help him pile them up. In fact I have just gone and told him that if he chops and wheels it over to the house I will pile it up for him and fill up the kindling boxes. Now to think of something special to do for Haylee.......
Well I do think that's enough to think about for this week.
Check back in a few days to see how I have gone.

No comments: